San Jacinto Battleground

11 examples (0.03 sec)
  • It is in close proximity to the San Jacinto battleground.
  • His first job was as acting advisor and archivist at the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site east of Houston, Texas.
  • The route was instead designated as the connector route to the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site outside Houston in 1933.
  • An annual San Jacinto Day festival and battle re-enactment is held in the month of April at the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site.
  • From 1924 until his Senate appointment he held a sinecure as Superintendent of the state park at the San Jacinto battleground, where his father had won the battle which led to the independence of Texas from Mexico.
  • Today approximately of the historic San Jacinto battleground are submerged, most of Sylvan Beach is gone, and the once prominent Brownwood neighborhood of Baytown has had to be abandoned.
  • The freeway does not interchange with any other state highways in Deer Park, but it does have an exit at the former SH 134 which provides access to San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site.
  • It is made of bronze and granite and features the female form of Victory holding a laurel wreath in an outstretched arm pointing to the San Jacinto Battleground across the bay, where Sam Houston defeated Santa Anna winning independence for the Republic of Texas.
  • The beginnings of the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic site trace to the early 1880s, when the State of Texas purchased ten acres along Buffalo Bayou in preparation for the fiftieth anniversary of the Texas Revolution.
  • Today, the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site commemorates the battle and includes the San Jacinto Monument, the world's tallest memorial column, at, The park is located in La Porte, about 25 miles (40 km) southeast of downtown Houston.
  • The monument, constructed between 1936 and 1939 and dedicated on April 21, 1939, is the world's tallest masonry column and is part of the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site.